Some recipes are really,really stubborn.如要正确地完成它，需要很多努力。
This pumpkin chili cornbread bake definitely dug its heels in.First,玉米面包不会一直煮。So I halved the cornbread portion of the recipe,while also working on perfecting the pumpkin chili part – but then the cornbread didn't have much taste after being halved.为什么？I don't know!It was the same exact recipe!!
So then I tested cornbread recipes until I got the flavor,潮湿因素，and,you know,got it to actually bake through.
I mean really,固执不是一件可怕的事。I can be stubborn.我的家伙很固执。Our kid … yeah.Stubbornness leads to tenacity and drive,正确的？我是说，I'm not sure I've ever heard of a tenacious casserole though.
The truth is,我真的很喜欢这个南瓜辣椒玉米面包。I set out to create a one-dish dinner of pumpkin chili with the must-have cornbread situation baked right on top.And as long as I was going to pumpkin town,I thought,为什么不做南瓜玉米面包呢？?
It pleases me to no end that this recipe uses exactly one standard-size can of pumpkin puree – one cup of it goes into the chili,剩下的放进玉米面包里。Yes!!
辣椒是快速炉灶式的，从这里借用其风味特征pumpkin red lentil chili.We've got chili spices but we've also got some cinnamon and cocoa powder (trust me),另外，当然，许多南瓜泥，添加了美妙的甜味，营养丰富，还有奇妙的厚质感。
And then the cornbread!Moist thanks to pumpkin,a bit sweet due to the brown sugar,一点肉桂和一点丁香，只是为了确保它在秋天镇保持牢固。But then we have jalapeños.因为它们很可爱，有点热总是好的。
秋天最喜欢的晚餐，pumpkin chili,cooked up casserole style with a layer of glorious pumpkin cornbread baked right over the top.完美的玉米面包与辣椒的比例，right here!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion,diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (14-ounce) can cooked kidney beans,排水和冲洗
- 1杯南瓜泥（不是南瓜馅饼）（这是how to make your own）
- 1 jalapeno pepper,seeded and diced small
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2cup pumpkin puree (there should be just enough left in the can from the chili)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or cow's milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 杯石磨黄玉米粉
- 1/4 中筋面粉
- Pinch ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 茶匙小苏打
- 1/2 茶匙洁食盐
- 1 jalapeno pepper,切成硬币（可选）
Assorted optional toppings:
- More fresh jalapeno peppers
- Sour cream orvegan sour cream
- Fresh cilantro
- Make the pumpkin chili.To a medium pot over medium-low heat,加橄榄油。When hot,加洋葱。Cook,偶尔搅拌，until translucent.加入辣椒粉，cumin,肉桂色，and cloves and cook,不断搅拌，for another minute.Add the tomatoes,豆，南瓜，jalapeno,cocoa powder,和盐。Stir to combine.Bring to a simmer,偶尔搅拌，then remove from heat.
- Prepare the pumpkin cornbread.在一个中碗里，whisk together the pumpkin,milk,oil,brown sugar,and egg.Place a sifter over the wet ingredients and add the cornmeal,flour,肉桂色，丁香，baking powder,baking soda,和盐。Sift together over the wet ingredients (if there are any larger particles of cornmeal remaining,就把它倒进去。）
- 用铁丝搅拌器把配料混合，switching to a wooden spoon or spatula/scraper if needed and mixing just until incorporated and no more.
- Pour the chili into a 2.5- to 3- quart baking dish (I use a 13″x9″ dish).把玉米面包倒在上面，carefully spreading to the edges.Arrange jalapeno slices on top if desired.
- 烤35-40分钟，直到玉米面包熟透——在玉米面包中插入牙签，检查它是否干净，you're good.
- Scoop out individual servings and pass assorted toppings around the table if desired.
The chili is already vegan.For the cornbread portion,use almond milk and omit the egg.哇！Vegan!!